A monthly review that reflects on the progress made on Groundhog Day Resolutions. The format varies based on mood, but typically consists of these sections:
- Lead-in Summary - a summary of how I thought it went (written last)
- Reflections on Events - description of how I felt about my progress (or lack thereof)
- Insights Gained - distillation of feelings into hypothetical causes
- New Operating Principles - insights that are put into practice to effect a desired change or optimization
- Goal Modification - changes, if needed, to the GHDR strategic goals.
- What Else Happened - events and photos that were notable in some way, so future Sri can remember what was going on around that time
- Next Actions - specific actions to take to improve the process
- Closing Thoughts - a reiteration of the summary and how the next actions will affect the coming month.
The reports are posted publicly on my blog.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE REPORT
- What got done last month
- Did it meet any of the strategic horizons
- Did anything tangibly useful get produced
- Where there any insights that will change the approach
- new: has the model of my pursuit of "happiness" changed based on any of the events of the past month
- What comes next, and why?