Magical Level Theory
- The Substrate Exists as an Uneven Layer
- Life Moves Through the Substrate as Far as it Can
- Magic binds the subprimal levels with the embodied levels
- Embodied Life (Entities that possess the desire to Move as Far as they Can)
- Entities with Perception of a Reality, which is not the same as the Substrate which has no form except as something Life Moves Through
- Entities with the ability to reason, think, pattern, change reality
- Entities that are aware of Other Entities
- Entities that exist to control other Entities
Layer 1 and 2 Magic
- VOID - perception skill: the absence, nullification, negative space. There is no equivalent spell for the substrate, because the substrate is readily perceptible. Perceiving void requires advanced perception.
- EXIST - perception skill: the companion spell to VOID is a conscience perception of existence itself as being a remarkable property.
Sense and Action Spells
- SENSE - wholly perceive through directed senses
- TOUCH - make contact by physical sensation
- MOVE - "movement is the celebration of life", and what brings it into being
Layer 3 Magic
These are the most advanced spells, interestingly, because they are the intersection between simple reality and motive forces.
- COHERE - combine multiple spells across different categories to link layers
Layer 4 and 5 Magic
These are basic perception-based magicks that can be combined with
- SHAPE - perception skill
- PATTERN - evolution of SHAPE, perception skill
- ORIENT - draw on SHAPE and TOUCH, manipulate a single item
- GROUP - draw on SHAPE and TOUCH, designate multiple entities as one
- ARRANGE - draw on PATTERN and TOUCH, manipulate multiple items
Layer 6 Magic
These are basic motive magicks that involve the exertion of will.
- SUSTAIN - draw on MOVE and TOUCH