This is the list of points for a new Concrete Goals Tracker adapted for my "writing-centric" life, keeping ELBS-ND in mind as well.
Concrete Goals Tracker for Writing
- private: ideas noted, notes transcribed, and revisited in PKMS
- protected: words transcribed or written in DS|CAFE, PKMS drafts
- protected: conversations with people in Discord servers besides DS|CAFE
- public: words drafted and shared on journal, social media, PKMS final
- new people followed in public channel
- followers gained in public channel
- contacts made through public sharing
- one-to-one conversations in public channels
- channel improvements that help
- discussion of collaborative opportunities with engaged stakeholders based on writing/sharing
- concrete deliverables: submission-ready writing
- concrete deliverables: other media produced due to inspired curiosity or external interest
- concrete deliverables: consumer-ready public channel content delivered regularly
- concrete deliverables: consumer-friendly changes to public channel design, organization
- work resulting in new channels and improved channel capabilities
- citation in public sources by others
- invitation received to join organizations, companies, groups
- "reach" milestone target for follower counts, SEO metrics
- "sales revenue" gained through concrete deliverables sales
- "recurring revenue" target for evergreen content
- "true partners" realized as time passes
Glossary of Terms
contexts - The "mental writing context" that shapes what I write. Private is me just thinking by myself using my collection of tools and so forth. Protected is conversation in public spaces that do not auto-publish to the internet. Public spaces are ones where the content is accessible by anyone.
channels - Websites where there is an audience that engages with me and my content. They are related to contexts, as the writing has to be accessible to which audiences are in-channel.
contacts - Anyone who I can talk to or who talks to me on any channel.
stakeholders - People who are committed to in-person direct collaboration with me, materially involved in the work or discussion as a peer.
concrete deliverable - Any narratively-complete piece of work (not just writing) that can be (1) exists in a form that is visible to others that (2) has been explicitly shared in the open so people see it.